Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Someone should take away my license... Part II

Seriously how do I get myself in these situations time and time again?

Before I even opened my eyes this morning the first thing that came out of my mouth was "no!" when my alarm clock went off. Why? Because I'm pretty sure I got about 4 hours of sleep last night... Maybe it's my new meds since I upped the dose? Maybe it's because it's 90 degrees in my house? Either way... I'm a grumpy, tired brat this morning. I contemplated calling in sick... Or at least late. But I didn't.

I was running almost 10 minutes late, which in bussing world, could make you 30 Minutes late. so I parked on the street instead of driving up to the top of the parking garage and guess what happened next? I drove through a ginormous pothole and cracked my tire. It's not flat.. But could very well be by the time I get back to Tacoma after work.

I knew I should've stayed home this morning when I woke up. But instead, I took my badass Jetta off-roading.

Since I was already running late, I hopped on the bus hoping to call AAA. But you have to be present to get roadside assistance. And from what I gathered online, you needed your card, too. Of course I can't find my card. I wait till at least 7:30 to call my mom and ask her if we got new cards. While feeling like a complete asshole for not having my card with me, I felt a little bit better once my mom told me she had my new card (the old one expired in June).

Called AAA and it turns out I don't need my card with me. Just need my member number. Which I will be saving into my phone right this second.

Big lessons learned today...

1. Always carry your AAA card on you (duh)

2. Trust your gut and stay home when you can't see straight you're so tired

3. Don't drive your car when you can't see straight because you're so tired

The day can only get better from here. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment