Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Dreadful Week

Tuesday morning I needed to get to work 45 minutes early because I was donating my blood for a research study. So of course I couldn't sleep the night before because I was so worried I was going to oversleep or miss the early bus. Well, if you've ridden the bus before , you know that toward the end of the loading, people stay back because they don't want to have to sit so closely to someone. But I couldn't care less, so I make a dash for it and hop on to catch the last seat. Tuesday morning didn't go so well. The line of people stopped loading on the bus, so I went up to squeeze on and boy did I piss some people off. Two older men were about ready to jump me, but they looked as if they wanted to wait for the next bus. Thankfully a woman said "you really want to get on that bus don't you?" I said yes, I'm running behind I need to be up there for a study. She so kindly said "Go on sweetheart, I don't mind." and once the grumpy old men settled in their comfy seats, they were much nicer.

When I was walking up to catch the bus home on Tuesday, there was a woman waiting for the bus at my stop, who was shooting daggers with her eyes from a mile away. As I approached the stop she starts blatantly looking me up and down and rolling her eyes at me. She quickly moved into a different position so she could face me and starts asking me why I walked up the street to get the bus. I said it was because this was my bus stop. She went off on me saying "us people," from my work are out to get her and have her phones tapped. She scolded me for about ten minutes telling me how she knows what I'm up to and it's no good. When the bus arrived, I quickly hopped on while trying not to laugh hysterically because the woman refused to get on the same bus as me.

Can you say paranoid?!

Wednesday's bus rides went well, but oddly enough I sat across from two people, on two different busses with dreads that we're laying on the bus floor they were so long. Short dreads don't bother me, even Bob Marley's dreads won't bother me now after seeing floor length dreads. Not that they aren't dirty enough, but letting your hair sit on the floor of the bus?

That's sick....

No comments:

Post a Comment