Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Beginning a New Chapter

I am thrilled to say that I have landed a position at our alliance, doing similar work but for a women's health research study! Instead of working two different jobs, in two different cities, on the same day I will be working two jobs, on one campus, on the same day! Working two jobs has never been the ideal situation but I am extremely excited for the opportunity. I will be getting twice the exposure and twice the experience, in half the time! My new position is in the research center, while my current is in the treatment center. I received the call from the HR person who offered me my first job, whom I still have yet to meet. She said, "Well, when I saw the job I thought of you because with your references and the impression you have made, you would be a perfect fit!" I am feeling overwhelmingly excited, proud, and relieved because it has not been an easy road to get here.

Four years post-college and I finally have both feet planted side by side. As frustrating and exhausting as it has been trying to find the right job, or field, or direction to go, giving up was never an option. Because the feeling of relief has trumped the feeling of failure or incompleteness. I am exactly where I need to be.

On a lesser note, it is never easy to leave a job. I'm pretty sure every job I have ever left, I have cried at some point during the process. Whether it was the last day, the day I gave notice, or the day I thought about giving my notice. It has sucked.

I was fortunate enough to have found a job very quickly after I was laid off about a year ago. One of my roommates is the nanny for a couple who own a personal training studio, who so happened to be looking for a receptionist/ "recovery drink," maker. They took me in without hesitation and have been very understanding of me having to work a second job to make ends meet.

In my position at the studio I learned more about fitness and nutrition than I ever had learned in any health or nutrition class. More than any coach has taught, because they specialize in one on one training. I have learned a lot, met a lot of great people and watched so many people transform their bodies, minds and lives in their experience at the studio.

It is always sad to end one chapter, but it cannot overshadow the excitement that comes along with starting a new one!

So thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you and happy for you "Ya"! Can't wait to celebrate life with you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete