Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Another update:Two naps down and I'm bored

Okay, I'm REALLY bored. It's supposed to be 80 degrees today and I have the day off!

I've taken two test-naps so far today and actually fell asleep for both! I'm pretty shocked. But it wasn't a deep sleep, just one of those where you're kind of asleep, but kind of not, but enough in a sleep that you dream.

Speaking of dreams... this is the real reason I am being annoying and posting two blog posts before 10:30 AM...

The night before the sleep study, I had a dream it was canceled because one of the workers got hurt or sick, I can't remember. I woke up yesterday frantic because I thought it was canceled.

The tech last night kept asking me if I had any good stories or jokes to tell him. He was actually annoying me quite a bit with his jokes and stories, so I told him mine about my dream. He brushed it off and said, "Oh, actually we are down a tech tonight, it's just me, our other tech for tonight threw his back out." I was thinking WHAT!!! I had a premonition, but he just went on to tell me his jokes and stories.

This morning, a new tech came on shift, who is very sweet and not nearly as awkward or uncomfortable as the guy from last night, who by the way, told me about his other jobs and how they pay much more than the one here. Uhh... you do realize there is a camera and intercom in here?Anyway, after each nap, the tech asks me if I had any dreams. I have had dreams for both naps. The first one, my whole family was in the room with me and all I remember is that I snapped at them and said "You do realize I'm supposed to be napping right now, right?"

When she asked me about dreaming or not, I decided I'd try my premonition on her. She literally stopped in her tracks and looked at me with wide eyes. I explained to her that I mentioned it to the tech last night, and she said yeah, well he threw his back out and we actually did have to cancel someone's sleep study for last night! She said, "Well, he has been taking vicodin, so maybe his thoughts were drifting and you picked them up."

Boo-ya... I may be a bad sleeper, but apparently I can tell the future.

I'm hoping for another nap around noon, lunch, and then leaving.

We'll have to see what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment