Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Prison Break


I have learned to say NO to rides to Seattle in the morning that AREN'T on the bus, they are BAD LUCK! Grabbed a ride Friday and a lady had a heartattack on my bus ride home, grabbed a ride today.... and sat across two men who were just released from PRISON today on my way home! It took me a few minutes to start putting things together, but this was of course AFTER I kept smiling back at them (awkwardly) because they kept smiling at me. I was busy catching up with my cousin on the phone, and then busy talking to my mom. Once I hung up I noticed these two guys had matching gray pants, gray shirts, black velcro shoes, and brown paper bags with their names and ID #'s on them.

Here is a conversation with my sister via text:

Me- "I feel like I'm going to throw up. I think two guys on my bus just got out of prison. (As I send her the picture seen above)"

Sister- " Throw up because you're scared? Or they smell bad?"
Me- "Anxious."
Sister: "Weird, well I'm sure you're safe on the bus. Maybe they're factory workers or something."

Factory workers? Nope. Unless factory workers talk about what county they're in and saying "It doesn't matter where we are now because we're home." Talking about how much has changed since they've been gone. Changes including the fact that there is no longer a Dairy Dell downtown by the Tacoma Dome. How about the fact that there haven't been Dairy Dells in the area for YEARS.

But who am I to judge? Although my anxiety made ME feel like I was having a heartattack on the bus today, they served their time and hopefully are moving onto bigger and better things!

No comments:

Post a Comment