Monday, June 25, 2012

Bad Kar-Ma

Last week as some of you read, I got my car towed and a parking ticket... for a whopping $175. Oh, and they didn't double charge us, thank God.

$175 in fees really threw a curveball in my trip to New York I was planning.

And as if that wasn't bad enough?

Saturday one of my girl friends from college had her beautiful baby girl and I so happened to be in the area. Overly excited, I pull into the parking garage and take a tight turn... but not quite tight enough.

The sound shocked me, but not as much as the IDIOT park job I failed at. Not knowing what to do, as I have NEVER hit a parked car before, I pulled out and parked in an area where there were NO CARS. Again, I'd never done this before so I dig around trying to find something to write my information down on. Coincidentally, I pull out an old Babies 'R US reciept. I rip off half of it to write down my information. As I go to check out the damage, I glance at the car a second and third and fourth time and realize of all the cars in the parking garage at the hospital... I know this car.

Yeah, you guessed it. I hit MY FRIEND'S CAR!!! Yes, the one who just had the baby 6 hours ago... that one.

I thought okay how am I going to approach this? It went a little something like this...

"Hey Tanner! Congrats!! How is everyone?"

"Thanks, they're good. Thanks for coming."

"Hey, quick question..... is Janae's license plate ________? I think I just hit your car."


Well, yes, I did. Thankfully a LOT of it washed off, but there is still a scratch. And as for my car... well there is a little bit of damage...

And today? The bus? Took me almost 2 hours to get to work because of a flipped flaming car on I-5.

Until next time,

Dying.to.work.from.home

No comments:

Post a Comment