Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Little White China Doll

Yesterday when I got on the bus I was looking forward to reading my insanely sappy love story book, but everyone on the bus wouldn't shut up about how we're on a new bus, which no one has been on. Being oblivious to the design of the bus, I don't notice the lack of seating. Apparently this bus only seats 35 people, which for a 4:30 bus from Seattle to Tacoma, may as well be like a high school having one school bus for all 4,000 students. Anywho, the bus is quickly filling up when I hear a man talking loud enough for the people on the bus next to us to hear. I assume he is on his phone because as weird as the bus riders may be, they normally have the decency to talk quietly on the bus. Well, turns out it was a crazy Asian man talking a bunch of nonsense. He starts making his way toward the front of the bus to ask the driver something. He passes a nice looking woman yelling "ooooooh weeeeeee!!!" and a decent man quickly gives up his seat to her to avoid the wacko. The closer he got, the harder my heart pounded because I could see he had eyes for me. I nervously looked down at my book to avoid any interaction but since he was still talking loud enough for the whole city of Seattle to hear, I couldn't escape. He began telling me very loudly, that I was the white china doll he wished for from the magic genie he met last night. At this point he is standing DIRECTLY in front of me, leaning on a pole and sizing me up, while talking about his little white China doll. I was anxiously looking at anyone who would make eye contact with me to try to lure them into helping me. Not one person. They all were just staring at me with the most confused and blank stares. At this point I am in full hysterics, laughing uncontrollably, sweating, and crying from laughing so hard. He then switches gears telling me how I look like his granddaughter Emily, then asking me my name and saying how I "done grown up and got me a job." FINAlLY he gets off the bus announcing he needs to find his black queen. The second he got off the bus, EVERYONE erupted into laughter and asking me why I didn't want to tell him my name. Needless to say, I'll be buying some mase this weekend.

Sincerely,

Your Little White China Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment